2. Akshay Kumar – $13.5 millionKumar became famous for his roles in action films in the 1990s. As one of India’s biggest brand ambassadors, Kumar endorses cola brand Thumbs Up, LG electronics and Levi’s. In 2009, he starred in the film “Kambhakkht Ishq”, which included cameos by Hollywood actors Sylvester Stallone and Denise Richards.
3. Aamir Khan – $12 millionOne of India’s most acclaimed actors, Khan acted in and produced the 2001 film “Lagaan”, which was nominated for an Academy Awards in the foreign film category. Khan also starred in the 2009 comedy 3 “Idiots”, which went on to become the highest grossing Bollywood film ever.
5. Ranbir Kapoor – $7.5 millionAmong Bollywood’s younger generation, Ranbir Kapoor is the son of famous Indian actor Rishi Kapoor, and is recognized as an actor among Bollywood’s younger generation. In 2010, he starred in Prakash Jha’s film “Rajneeti”. Kapoor is the brand ambassador for Pepsi and just signed up to endorse Nissan.
6. Salman Khan – $6 millionKhan began his acting career in 1988 and went on to star in some of Bollywood’s most successful films in the 1990s. Known as the bad boy of Indian cinema, Khan was arrested in 2002 for rash and negligent driving after his car ran over several people sleeping on a pavement. He was also jailed for illegal hunting of an endangered species of deer.
8. Abhishek Bachchan – $3.1 millionMarried to former model and Miss World, Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan also comes from an illustrious Bollywood family. His father, Amitabh, is widely considered the greatest actor in Indian cinema. Abhishek played a leading role in the 2007 film “Guru”, whose plot mirrored the rise of India’s richest business family, the Ambanis.
9. Kareena Kapoor – $3 millionKareena Kapoor shares the honor with Amitabh Bachchan as the 8th highest-earning actor in India. Known as Bebo, Kapoor was born into a famous Bollywood family. She starred in the 2009 film “Three Idiots”, which became the top-grossing Bollywood film of all time.
11. Aishwarya Rai – $1.5 millionA former model and Miss World, Aishwarya Rai entered the movie industry in 1997. She won accolades for her roles in period dramas such as “Devdas” (2002). Better known internationally as the face of L’Oreal and Longines watches, Rai co-starred with Dylan McDermott in the 2005 Hollywood film, “The Mistress of Spices”.